…Where I am is not as important as where I’m going. Don’t become distracted by the winds & adversities that you’ll slaughter anyway!
1. Reading: The Souls of Black Folk by W.E.B. DuBois and STILL reading Sandford Meisner On Acting. I started this book back in January. I realize with this one I really savor it. I make notes and endless highlights, I also do the acting exercises and consider what Meisner says when I prepare for auditions.
Some of my highlights:
“The playwright gives you what to say. Your job as an actor is to fill the role with life.”
“Look, let me tell you something seriously. In life…life is terrible I think. But on the stage you have a wonderful opportunity to tell the truth, and all that can come of it is praise.”
“…your imagination is, in all likelihood, deeper and more persuasive than the real experience.”
Just re-reading those quotes got me excited to finish the book again. Maybe I’ll be able to on my flight to Istanbul at the end of the month.
2. VIEWING: Below are some pics from my visit to the Museum of the Moving Image
3. Audition Update: I had 2 auditions due this past Monday. One was for a voice-over for a video game, the other was for an upcoming talent competition. I like recorded auditions because they’re really invigorating. It’s a great opportunity to really play with the characters. But they’re also tiring, and frustrating. You are forced to select what you think is your best out-take out of about 50-11 of them.
I did 6 videos for the talent competition and 4 audio versions for the other. You name it, I recorded it: lights on, lights off, hair up, hair down, chair & couch, standing & sitting, funny, dramatic…the list was endless.
4. WEARING: Not only do I sell jewelry, I wear it too! I love accessories, they can instantly take a boring look and give it flavor. Plus beautiful jewelry makes every woman feel like a queen. Below I am rocking some new statement necklaces that are available at my boutique here.
5. PREPARING: My trip to Istanbul is steadily approaching!! I am so excited, my BFF and I are coming up with an itinerary and I got my visa and bus ticket home to MD where we’ll be flying out of. I’ am still collecting donations for the trip, the minimum donation is $5 and you can donate anonymously if you’d like…so go on and help a sista out. Click here to donate.